Problems with gnome/guppi

Hello all,

I am still working on the pie charts for guppi.
I am currently facing some problems that might cost me
a lot of time to hunt down. Perhaps someone can
help me.

General questions:

- I need the width of canvas text items.
	In the corresponding module of libgnomeui
	a read-only argument "text_width" is listed.
	But how do I get this value?
	I thought there must be some function like
	gnome_canvas_item_get() as a brother
	of gnomer_canvas_item_set(), but I haven't
	found it. Any clues?

- Filling of polygons seems not to work properly,
	is that right?

Now more special questions on guppi:

- How do I select another set of numbers from the list
	for plotting than the default=first one?
	I feel stupid on this problem.

- Starting guppi anew and trying to plot a piechart as
	the first action results in a segmentation fault.
	However, plotting first a barplot makes it possible
	to plot piecharts without problems.
	I have compared the barplot and pieplot all the way
	and I am pretty sure they do the same (except the plotting
	of course).
	What might be the reason for this behaviour?

Help me and you'll get nice labeled pie charts in the next guppi
release.

	Jan
--
			Institute of Environmental Systems Research
Jan-Oliver Wagner	University of Osnabrueck, Germany