Guppi now requires gnome-print

Hi,

Brief note, in case anyone is on this list and builds Guppi from CVS (I
assume there are a couple of lurkers :-)

It now requires the gnome-print module; this is really easy to build, just
cvs co gnome-print and it should build just fine, using the usual
procedure. It is a small library.

X fonts suck in a fairly impressive way, so I'm plotting to add a t1lib
dependency too; this comes with most distributions so shouldn't be too
evil, I hope. I am not sure whether I'll support X fonts (doing so
involves drawing to a server-side pixmap, copying that to a client side
XImage, reading the pixels out of the XImage, then scaling/rotating the
resulting bitmap; this may kind of work in practice, but it makes me all
queasy).

Anyway, I spent a few hours today reading about fonts and font libraries,
so expect some code soon. If I require t1lib and Type 1 fonts I may check
it in to CVS and have Guppi build it and statically link if you don't have
the library.

Havoc