Re: [guppi-list] Ascii import, compiler errors...

On Tue, Nov 24, 1998 at 10:57:58PM +0100, Asger K. Alstrup Nielsen wrote:
> It works now.  Unfortunately, the test_ascii_import file
> does not compile with optimizations with egcs v1.0.3.
> It enters what seems like an infinite loop.  I haven't
> tried with egcs v1.1, but it looks like a sure compiler
> bug to me.

I can confirm that both egcs 1.1 and the latest egcs snapshot
(19971122) choke on test_ascii_import.  Not only does the compiler
hang, but it starts wildly grabbing memory... the g++ jobs would
rapidly grew to about 80M before I could kill them.

If that weren't bad enough, the egcs snapshot gets an internal
compiler error on example/checkfn.cpp.

Maybe we should report this to the egcs people...