Re: [guppi-list] 3d graphs

On Tue, Nov 03, 1998 at 03:24:05PM +1100, John M. Wharington wrote:
> I understand 3d graphs is listed as a planned feature, but has anyone
> decided as to how this will be achieved?

Nope.:-)

> I have been using OpenGL (well, Mesa) for my 3d graphics and I think
> this would be a quality solution both for rendering to screen and
> printers.

This would certainly be the most direct way to go 3d.  However, right
now our 2d stuff is moving towards targetting the Gnome canvas.
This gives us (or will give us) printing for free, as well as a bunch
of other advantages  that Havoc can better explain.  I don't know how
OpenGL and the Gnome canvas would interact with one another.  I'm sure
that there must be some way to make that work... but we're worrying
more about 2d now.  3d will have to get sorted out later...

-JT