Announcing the dLeyna Project

Hi All,

We are pleased to announce the creation of a new open-source project
called “dLeyna”.  The “dLeyna” project hosts a number of middle-ware
components designed to make it easy for developers to integrate DLNA
functionality into their applications.

Currently, two components make up the dLeyna project. These are
“Media-service-upnp” and “Renderer-service-upnp”.

Media-service-upnp is a high level media content API that allows client
applications to discover, browse and search UPNP and DLNA media servers.
It is designed to be used by media applications such as Digital Media
Players (DMPs) or Digital Media Controllers (DMCs).

Renderer-service-upnp is a high level media content API that allows
client applications to discover and manipulate UPNP and DLNA media
renderers. It is designed to facilitate the creation of Digital Media
Controllers (DMCs), in conjunction with media-service-upnp, and to
implement the DLNA 2-box push use case.

Both components are d-Bus services implemented on top of the GUPnP
libraries.  They provide easy to use, language and toolkit independent
APIs that isolate applications from the complexity of the DLNA and UPnP
specifications and that eliminate redundant network traffic when
multiple DLNA applications are running simultaneously.

We plan to contribute more components and services soon, including
feature enhancements, sample applications and Web API extensions
enabling developers to write HTML5/JS applications with DLNA
capabilities.  We are also planning a sustained effort of quality,
robustness and interoperability testing, to ensure that the dLeyna
components can be integrated into real world products with the minimum
of difficulty.

For more information about the dLeyna project please see the dLeyna home
page ( https://01.org/dleyna ).

The dLeyna project encourages and welcomes contributions from the
open-source community.  Please see our community page to find out how
you can get involved ( https://01.org/dleyna/community ).

The "dLeyna" project team.