Question regarding GUPnP and VPN

Hi *,

I was trying to establish a UPnP connection between a client and server (both implemented based on GUPnP) over a OpenVPN connection (TAP, interfaces on both sides set to promiscuous mode).

The first observation was that the GUPnPContextManager on the client side did not recognize the local tap0 interface.

As kind of workaround I created a GUPnPContext directly on the interface using its name (tap0) - doing so Wireshark showed SSDP::Notify on that interface but no M-SEARCH.

So my questions are:

1. Are there any known issues regarding GUPnP and VPN?

2. Especially: Why does GUPnP ignore the tap0 interface?

Thanks in advance and best regards,

Alex

--
jambit Software Development & Management GmbH

Erika-Mann-Str. 63,
D-80636 München
Phone: +49.89.45 23 47-0
Fax:  +49.89.45 23 47-70

http://www.jambit.com
where innovation works

Geschäftsführer: Peter F. Fellinger, Markus Hartinger
Sitz: München; Registergericht: München, HRB 129139