[Fwd: Re: pulseaudio and rygel]

I haven't tried that. Forwarding to list.

-------- Forwarded Message --------
From: Tom Cook <tom k cook gmail com>
To: Jens Georg <mail jensge org>
Subject: Re: pulseaudio and rygel
Date: Sun, 19 Jun 2011 13:57:22 +0100

Does anyone have any experience getting this to work with an Xbox 360?
I have rygel 0.8.0 on Ubuntu10.10 serving media to my 360.  It works
fine for stored videos and music.

I can change the pulseaudio output to "DLNA/UPnP Streaming" but can't
find where it shows up in the media catalog on the 360.  I also can't
find it in the Coherence DLNA plugin in totem.

Any tips?

Thanks,
Tom

On Sun, Jun 19, 2011 at 10:26 AM, Jens Georg <mail jensge org> wrote:
        On So, 2011-02-20 at 15:48 -0500, Krish Subramaniam wrote:
        > Thank you. I'll be following the rygel development.

        Looks like I was mis-informed here and MediaExport2 support has
        been
        implemented since Nov 2010 in pulseaudio:

        http://cgit.freedesktop.org/pulseaudio/pulseaudio/commit/?id=ff7acb4d059e21b318b0464ee6fd1785318071cc

        > Krish
        >
        > On Sun, Feb 20, 2011 at 3:30 PM, Jens Georg <mail jensge org>
        wrote:
        >         On Sun, 2011-02-20 at 14:24 -0500, Krish Subramaniam
        wrote:
        >         > Hi Rygel devels and users,
        >         >
        >         > First off, thank you for this fantastic program.
        >

        >         Thanks.
        >
        >         The bridging between Rygel and pulseaudio via the
        MediaServer
        >         spec does
        >         not work anymore (since we switched to the
        MediaServer2 spec).