Re: Patches

On Mon, Jun 20, 2011 at 2:27 PM, Burton, Ross <ross burton intel com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Am I the only person who dislikes patches sent to the list?  It's
> impossible to tell whether they've been committed without looking at
> the repo and to be honest GMail really doesn't handle them well at
> all.  I'd really prefer patches to be in bugzilla, now that we have
> gnome bugzilla we've got their review interface and so on.

  Gmail's web interface doesn't handle them well, yes! That is why i
started using evolution with gmail imap. Now I just select the
messages, save to inbox and then do `git am` on them. Merging patches
from bugzilla won't be that difficult either but sending the patches
to bugzilla *is* harder[1] than using `git send-email`. So I would
prefer patches on the list rather. Also email is nice for have a
discussion over the patches, similar to the comment system of
gitorious.

--
Regards,

Zeeshan Ali (Khattak)
FSF member#5124

[1] Yes, I know about git-bz but that never worked for me (and I've
heard for many others either).