Re: [gupnp] GUPnP DLNA 0.5.0

On Fri, Jan 7, 2011 at 4:44 PM, ajaysusarla gmail com
<ajaysusarla gmail com> wrote:
> On Fri, Jan 7, 2011 at 10:00 PM, Peter Robinson <pbrobinson gmail com> wrote:
>> On Fri, Jan 7, 2011 at 4:19 PM, ajaysusarla gmail com
>> <ajaysusarla gmail com> wrote:
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> GUPnP DLNA 0.5.0 is out. This biggest change in this release is that
>>> it uses the discoverer from gst-plugins-base, the internal copy has
>>> been removed completely. This release also fixes some bugs and plugs a
>>> couple of memory leaks.
>>>
>>> 0.5.0
>>> =====
>>>
>>> Changes since 0.4.2:
>>>
>>> - Use GstDiscoverer from gst-plugins-base and remove internal
>>>  copy discoverer.
>>
>> What version of gst-plugins-base does it require? It doesn't check for
>> a version and so currently fails to compile for me.
>
> 0.10.31
>
> configure.ac does have check (GSTPBU_REQ=0.10.31) though. Not sure why
> it failed.

OK, found the problem. Its a DSO linking issue that Fedora bolts down
and I didn't read the build failure close enough it seems :-| . The
attached patch fixes it on Fedora but I think there's a better way to
deal with the DSO linking stuff. And thanks for getting the gst stuff
upstreamed :-)

Cheers,
Peter