[gupnp] Re: gupnp-av broken with latest gobject-introspection

On Fri, Oct 1, 2010 at 7:05 PM, Zeeshan Ali (Khattak) <zeenix gmail com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Fri, Oct 1, 2010 at 6:29 PM, Vincent Untz <vuntz gnome org> wrote:
>> Hey,
>>
>> So it broke again with a new g-i. Here's a patch to fix it.
>
>  Thanks so much for proving the patch.
>
>> Note that the requirement change in configure.ac might be too high for
>> some distros, but on the other hand, it's really required...
>
>  Thats unfortuante cause bumping requirements in stable releases
> isn't nice at all but OTOH we are still requering the stable release
> of gir so it should be good. Let me ask the packagers if they have any
> objections to this before we apply this and release...

  As I said on IRC, I had misread your patch: The patch really makes
us require latest unstable release. :( I really wouldn't want to
depend on unstable gobject-introspection in stable releases but if its
still much better than being broken i guess.

  Dear distro packagers, What do you think?

--
Regards,

Zeeshan Ali (Khattak)
FSF member#5124