Re: [gupnp] Re: [oh-commits] gupnp: master Ignore point-to-point interfaces in the Unix connection manager Ross Burton

On Wed, 2009-11-25 at 14:10 +0200, Zeeshan Ali (Khattak) wrote:
>   I don't agree with this patch. ContextManager should create contexts
> for each up interface and then it's up to the application which ones
> it wants to use and which ones it wants to ignore. I can imagine a
> usecase for P2P: testing. OTOH, GSSDPClient not choosing this is OK
> since:
>
> 1. New apps should really be using ContextManager
> 2. In that case, it will only be one interface that will be
> automatically chosen for app and app doesn't have any control over
> which one will be chosen.

Can you elaborate on your use-case for a p2p connection?  I know that I
don't want my local UPnP applications talking down my 3G or VPN
connections, and expecting all applications to check for and ignore
these connections (is there even API to do that?) sounds like a bad
idea.

Ross
--
Intel Open Source Technology Centre