[gupnp] Re: Multinet status

Hi,

On Thu, Jul 9, 2009 at 1:59 PM, Zeeshan Ali (Khattak)<zeenix gmail com> wrote:
> Hi,
>   So now that my multinet branches are merged, I ported Rygel to make
> use of the new cool multinet/dynamic network APIs. Except that some
> plugins have problems with multiple instances of them running at the
> same time (something hopefully fixable) everything works but seems I
> had overlooked one thing: The GSSDPResourceGroup announces it's
> unavailability of all resources on dispose, which in case of network
> interface going down is not the correct thing to do and causes
> annoying warnings on the console.
>
>   The simplest solution that comes to mind is to add a boolean prop
> "available" (or "active", "online"?) to GSSDPClient (ancestor of
> GUPnPContext), which should be enabled by default and unsetting this
> prop would mean that client's does NOP on network sending. The new
> GUPnPContextManager should then unset this prop whenever a context
> goes unavailable.
>
>   Just though I ask for advice before supplying patches.

  Since nobody said anything, I assumed my solution is OK with
everyone so I went on and implemented it. Seems to work perfectly fine
for both gupnp-network-light and rygel.

Ross,
   Please merge the multinet branches from gssdp and gupnp gitorious repos.

--
Regards,

Zeeshan Ali (Khattak)
FSF member#5124