Re: [gupnp] Support for Evented State Variable ?

Hello,

On Thu, Dec 10, 2009 at 7:06 PM, Mehmet Sahin <msahin ubicom com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> There is one CTT item that sends five soap requests and changes a value of a
> state variable(Mute, Volume etc.. for RC Service) five times in one
> moderation timeout period (200ms), Rygel Renderer sends below packet for
> such kind of case,
>
> <Event xmlns="urn:schemas-upnp-org:metadata-1-0/RCS/"><InstanceID val="0">
> <Volume val="68" channel="Master"/>
> <Volume val="73" channel="Master"/>
> <Volume val="31" channel="Master"/>
> <Volume val="45" channel="Master"/>
> <Volume val="82" channel="Master"/>
> </InstanceID></Event>
>
> Means it doesn't remove prev values same state variables in a moderation
> timeout.
> It's using libgee HashMap class for creating this packet, looks like
> HashMap doesn't override new value to prev one and just appending.
>
> It's different problem, helper class for building LastChange messages also
> need to be modified  beside adding Close Connection header to fix this
> special case.

  Interesting, cause I see that HashMap.set() is being used and from
the looks of it, it should be replacing existing entry if the key is
the same. Seems like a libgee bug to me. If you could file this bug as
well, would be very nice. Even more better if you could attach a
simple test app to it. :) Thanks for your contributions so far.

--
Regards,

Zeeshan Ali (Khattak)
FSF member#5124