Re: [guadec-list] "Be part of GNOME 3.0"

On Mon, 2006-05-15 at 12:12 +0200, Murray Cumming wrote:
> > Forget about subtleties and put your marketing mode on.
> >
> > Do you agree on having this motto for GUADEC 2006?
> >

> >         Be part of GNOME 3.0
>
> It is a vague concept and one that leads to confusion. There is no general
> plan to ever do a GNOME 3.0, whatever it might be, so it is not wise to
> promise it.
>
> > We have it since the day tavon came up with the successful banner that
> > is still in the guadec.org homepage. I think it's a good slogan to
> > attract the interest of the large community around (not necessarily
> > inside) GNOME.
>
> "Be part of GNOME" might be better.

I agree in the idea, but "Be part of GNOME" doesn't really express the
sense of becoming part of the evolution and future of GNOME. "Be part of
GNOME's future", or something similar would make it, without sticking to
any promise.

Claudio

--
Claudio Saavedra <csaavedr wh8 tu-dresden de>