Re: [guadec-list] Cheap accomodation

Hey,

On Wed, 2006-02-15 at 02:19 +0100, Quim Gil wrote:
> The most obvious options for cheap accommodation in Vilanova are the
> Youth Hostel and the camping. Both are a bit away from the venue but
> there are frequent buses and the distance can be also covered walking
> (nice promenade) or by rented bycicle.
>
> Youth Hostel
> http://www.vilanovaturisme.net/en/html/allotjaments/albergs.htm#activitat01
> The regular price is 22,55EUR for 1 night with breakfast. The owners
> make us a 15% discount if we book the whole hostel (40 beds). I think
> this is interesting and not just for the 15%.

I think you should definitely explore that...now. See what money they
are looking for in advance, and work with the board to get financial
help if we need to do that. I suspect there will be at least 40 people
happy to take that option.

> Camping
> Prices starting at 15â?¬ par person without breakfast (
> http://www.vilanovapark.es/06_bungSub?f=29 ) but with right to use the
> services including the swimming pool (
> http://www.vilanovapark.es/01_instalaciones.php?f=72 ). We haven't
> talked about possible discounts yet.
>
> Another possibility is to rent the whole or a good % of rooms at the
> university residence (
> http://www.vilanovaturisme.net/en/html/allotjaments/residencies.htm#activitat01
> ) which is next to the venue, 45 flats for 2/3 people. This might be not
> that cheap though. But is our next option.
>
> I will provide more information during this week. In the meantime you
> can check http://www.vilanovaturisme.net/en/html/allotjaments/home.htm

Yeah, I think we just need to come up with a list of accommodation
options as soon as possible so that people can start to plan for their
trip.

Hopefully anyone who currently needs a visa has already started that
process...cough.

Glynn