Re: [guadec-list] 30/jan #guadec meeting log

Hey,

On Tue, 2006-01-31 at 05:56 +0100, David Neary wrote:
> My ideas are:
> Simon Phipps (invitation gone)

Sounds good, by all accounts Simon is an excellent speaker, but never
met him in person. I'd love to see him at GUADEC too, since I believe
GNOME is a good [and different] perspective of a working open source
community. I'll see if I can ping him and encourage him to attend ;)

> Someone from Google (Ben Collins-Sussman or Jon Trowbridge)

This could be interesting now with the Google Desktop news :)

> A High Profile GNOME Developer (we had Jeff, Seth & Miguel last year,
> Nat the year before, who's going to be our "kick in the arse" speaker
> this year? Glynn?)

No freaking way. I don't think I'd have anything interesting to hear
other than 'How I have less hairs today than I did 5 years ago'.

> More ideas welcome. No invitations sent outside of the 2 acceptances and
> Simon Phipps so far.

I think 3-4 keynotes is plenty though - we only have 3 days, and don't
particularly want keynotes scheduled for the previous days of the
conference. We just need to make sure the keynotes aren't at 9am in the
morning, and instead have them after lunch so we get maximum attendance.

Glynn