Re: Problems paying for GUADEC without a PayPal account

On Mon, 2005-05-02 at 01:30 +0200, Bram Senders wrote:
[snip]
> The actual reason is that PayPal has a sending limit of EUR 750 per
> user.  As soon as you exceed that limit for the total amount of money
> you have ever sent, you cannot send any more money.  Since we want to go
> to GUADEC with eleven people, this limit is too low.
>
> To alleviate this, you have to enroll in PayPal's "Expanded Use
> Program", which is done by sending $1.95 to some bank account of theirs
> and waiting for a code you get on your credit card receipt.
>
> Of course, all of this is not possible anymore [snip] by May 1 (which is now yesterday), which means
> we probably cannot register for the youth hostel anymore.
[snip]

Maybe you can contact the youth hostel directly. Contact details are on
the web site. If our block reservation has really ended yesterday then
those rooms will now be available for non-GUADEC people. But mention
GUADEC just in case.

We're sorry that PayPal was our only choice this time.

--
Murray Cumming
murrayc murrayc com