Re: GUADEC registration

On Thu, 2005-04-28 at 14:35 +0200, Damien Sandras wrote:
> Hi Murray,
>
> Not sure you are the right person for this, but I have a few questions
> about the registration to GUADEC :
> - Do I have as a speaker to register and pay the 225 Euros?

Speakers should register just like other attendees. If your company can
pay the fee then you should encourage them to. It's good for GNOME.

> - Does Jonita, my girlfriend, have to pay for the 30 Euros if she is
> coming?

Girlfriends of hackers don't get special deals, but we accommodate
everyone.

> - A colleague of mine is coming with me. Our company is sponsoring our
> travel. He is not professionally using GNOME, GNOME is a hobby for him,
> but our company is a computer science-related company. So, in which
> category is he : the professional category (225 Euros), or the computer
> hobbyist one (30 Euros)?

Again, he should ask the company to pay. If they won't pay, and he can't
pay himself then he's a hobbyist. The fees are not meant to keep anyone
away. Remember, we also offer travel and accommodation subsidies for
some hackers.

> I'm a bit astonished GUADEC is not free this year. Personally, I think
> it won't help GNOME spread among new users. But as FOSDEM organizer, I
> also understand money is needed ;)

I thought this was all discussed last year. This is just a repeat.

I don't think 30 euros is much for 3 days of intensive talks.

--
Murray Cumming
murrayc murrayc com