Re: a few mails in the digest...

Hi

There is a large amount of local breweries, and the most popular beer
is varous kinds of pilsner/lager. Every town with some self respect
has its own beer type. We have some darker and beer types as well,
like juleøl and bokkøl, and a small brewery in Grimstad (Den Nøgne Ø)
makes stout and bitter.

Which breweries are there:

Arendal - Arendalspils
Bergen - Hansa
Bodø - Nordlanspils
Drammen - Aass
Grimstad - Den Nøgne Ø
Kristiansand - CB
Oslo - Ringenes, Mikrobryggeriet
Sarpsborg - Grans
Stavanger - Tau
Tromsø - Mack

We even have a couple of decent alcohol free beers available:
Munkholm
Klausthaler

I have certainly forgotten some..

And apropos smoking - outdoor restaurants have become very popular -
there are no restrictions on smoking outdoors.

You probably have to test them all, to decide which beer you prefer :-)

Mvh.
Nils