Re: Slides from the I18N BOF

tis 2003-06-24 klockan 17.49 skrev Keld Jørn Simonsen:
> On Mon, Jun 23, 2003 at 06:10:45PM +0200, Christian Rose wrote:
> > I've just put up the slides from the I18N BOF at GU4DEC on
> > http://www.menthos.com/l10n/menthos-bof.sxi and
> > http://www.menthos.com/l10n/gu4dec-i18n-bof/ (HTML version). They also
> > contain my very brief mental notes from the discussions.
>
> what are examples of errors in glibc locales?

Some locale values for the different categories are obviously incorrect.
The problem seems to be that they don't always get checked or properly
verified before getting defined in the locales.

At some point in time en_CA had A4 as the default paper size for
example, which is obviously incorrect as you'll reportedly have trouble
finding anything else than US paper formats in ordinary stationary shops
in Canada, or so I've heard. So we can't always trust these values,
although we'd like to, and we need to direct such bug reports to the
proper place and make sure they also get fixed. That was what's brought
up at the session IIRC.

Christian