Re: Write-up of Guadec and talks

On Mon, Jun 23, 2003 at 11:02:58AM +0200 or thereabouts, Martin Willemoes Hansen wrote:
> On Mon, 2003-06-23 at 10:06, Telsa Gwynne wrote:
> > Corrections, additions, augmentations, links to slides,
> > photos or other write-ups and comments bordering on the
> > socially acceptable are welcome in email (if you tell me
> > on IRC I shall only forget).
> >
> > I would also dearly like to see write-ups of the other
> > _talks_, particularly the i18n BOF which I missed.
>
> I guess that all talks should be uploaded and hosted on www.guadec.org
> .. cant see any of them on the site though.

The reason I separated "slides" and "talks" is that in a good
talk, there is a lot more filling-out than just reading slides
aloud. If there is a choice between copying slides and making
notes of what people say about the slides, I go for the latter,
on the (perhaps rash!) assumption the slides will be on the web,
and the comments and explanations and anecdotes probably won't be.

> Maybe we are missing an easy place to put it .. like a presentations dir
> on ftp.guadec.org .. divided into guadec 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ...

I am sure I have seen a CVS module into which one or two people
have in the past dumped presentations. I suspect that like the
module in which people listed their current interests and projects,
no-one knew about it and it's now some years out of date. But I've
sure I saw it. (There's all kinds of things in CVS... :))

Telsa