Re: [Fwd: max columns for gnome spreadsheet]

On 20 Jun 2003, Gregory Leblanc wrote:

> Date: 20 Jun 2003 00:50:16 -0700
> From: Gregory Leblanc <gleblanc linuxweasel com>
> To: guadec-list gnome org
> Subject: [Fwd: max columns for gnome spreadsheet]

<removed inappropriate condescending comment />

> 	Greg

Date: Tue, 17 Jun 2003 08:40:16 +1000
From: BONES Les <lbones csenergy com au>
To: mailman-owner gnome org
Subject: max columns for gnome spreadsheet

Hi

I am after a spreadsheet with more then 255 columns (limit from MS EXCEL).
What is the
limitations of GNOME spreadsheet?

Cheers,

LesB
gnome-listadmin gnome org

LesB

Thanks for taking the time to use Gnome.  This is not the appropriate list
to ask these kinds of questions, but hopefully I can point you in the
right direction.

Gnumeric is the Gnome Spreadsheet, I'll bet serious money it does more
than 255 Columns (only seems to go as far as IV in the older version I
have) or that if it does not do so by default that it can be recompiled to
do so.  I know for a fact that there is a special version of Gnumeric that
does more than 65000 Rows, (which is the limit in Excel).
Gnumeric has a mailing list and you should ask there or try it out.

Gnumeric is included in all good linux distributions.

OpenOffice.org Calc might also be worth looking at if you want a whole
office suite.

Sincerely

Alan Horkan
http://advogato.org/person/AlanHorkan/