Re: Bad dates :-(

Alan Horkan wrote:
On Wed, 19 Feb 2003, Sander Vesik wrote:

I think that you choose a really bad dates.

How about putting something official on the schedule "planning next year
and beyond" or suchlike.  "How to run Guadec in your hometown" or
something.

In Boston there were some suggestions of groups interested in running
Guadec in future and hopes about planning even further ahead.

For future reference can we figure out when the optimal time(s) for
GUADEC?  (I realise Easter jumping around and other peoples confernces
might make this very complicated).

'check for easter' is not exactly a harder rule to have than 'check for
this date range'.

You do realise that Easter moves around every year?

Yes. but it is calculatable almost to the exteremly distant future quite reliably in advance. Its not as if it happens at an unpredicatable, or declared separately every year occasion...

It is harder than this date range, but granted not muchharder as there is
some system about it falling relative to the lunar calendar.

Rather than nitpicking (i never claimed i was smart no need to point it
out that i am not), is it a good idea to have a planning session for
next year at Guadec?

Well, IMHO its a must 8-)

- Alan