Re: GUADEC 5 - Host Wanted!

Hi,

> I understand that but what i require is approx how many attendees etc, i
> have the ability to get accommodation and conference facilities in
> Istanbul and with the help of the tourisim ministry could come up with a
> proposal, but as i did not attend the last few i don't have any idea of
> numbers.

Okay, some more detail is needed. The conference has grown in numbers
since the first one in Paris in 2000 where there was about 60 people
attending. Since then we've grown to about 400.

This years event was held in Dublin, consisting of a pre-conference
weekend for informal get-togethers and touring around the host city,
followed by a three-day conference [incorporating a single eXpo day].
>From a venue we would expect the following -

Theatre auditorium for opening/closing ceremonies and keynotes
Approximate seating 500.

Classroom/conference rooms [between 3 and 4]
Seating 75 to 100 each.

Network room [for pre-conference weekend and three-day conference]
Open room which can be setup with wireless/ethernet Internet, tables,
chairs, whiteboards, overhead projectors, with a limited number of
desktop machines. Seating 150.

eXpo space
Adjacent space for a one day exposition. We had about 12 stands in
Dublin.

Secure storage space
Ideally this is the network room, since there is a large amount of
expensive computer equipment there. We also need to store things like
t-shirts and other merchandise.

Board meeting room [optional]
On the day before, and the day after the conference, we hold an two all
day meetings for the GNOME foundation board of directories, and the
advisory board. This room should hold about 30 people seated at tables
[in a U shape] and have nearby dining for lunch.

Hope this gives you some more information - the foundation board are
currently looking at the applications, so if you are interested you
would really need to get your application in ASAP. We are looking to
schedule the conference for March/April 2004, so there is not much time
left to prepare for it.

thanks,

Glynn