New resources for accomodation in Seville!

My dear geeks and geekettes,
dudes and dudettes,
omels and.. well..

Last Friday, I discovered some more lodging possibilities that you may
want to check out if you are still opting for The Bridges Over Sevilla
Province.

-- All this information is current as of Friday --
-- The items in this e-mail are _not_ sorted for price or availability.
They are simply a summary of a three-hour phone marathon. You have to
wade through all of it yourself in your own order to find what you need.
You may find good deals at the end of it or at thebeginning. Judge for
yourselves and make heavy use of the phone. --

1) Additional, more expensive apartment from Sevilla5.com:

The guy manning the phone at the http://sevilla5.com/ reservations
office is German and speaks that, too. He still has one apartment for
about five persons available, which is however more expensive (almost
double) than the others on his website.
I cannot find the note with the correct pricing for this one (I think it
was 150 EUR for a 5 person apartment per night) but give him a call at:

+34 (63) 701-1091 (cellular phone.)

2) New website for research:

He also told me the URL of his competitor. It is:
http://www.sol.com/hotel/

-- Only the apartments were roughly checked for! --
-- The so-called hostels (basically Bed and Breakfast places) went
completely unchecked! Some of them (like the Zahira) cost 65
EUR/triple/night resulting in 22EUR/person/night or lower! Find fame and
fortune! --

Also, some places have set high prices for Easter and the Feria which
are the week before and right after G³. Make sure to ask them, wehther
they would charge you less if you stayed from April 1st to April 8th,
right between those two most expensive weeks of the year for less (great
timing, guys). You know, the usual yaddayadda about you being students
and not earning money, and being helpless and innocent and only hacking
open source software for the good of humankind etc..

Apartments not to pursue are:
- Los Angeles (strange people and no vacancy, either)

Expensive lodging:
- Patios de Sevilla (4-person apartment for 123,65 EUR/night)

Most of the apartments are expensive. Make sure to ask whether they are
citing prices for a day or for a week! Curiously enough, most places
advertising there did not include their phone number. So here are a few:

2b) Bib Rambla: Accomodation for 54 EUR/2 persons/night (27.50
EUR/person/night) _right next_ to the conference center across the
street! McDonald's down the street!

Bib Rambla apartments: phone: +34 (95) 499-9576.

2c) Hotel Murillo: Downtown. Double room with additional third bed for
75 EUR/room/night (resulting in 25 EUR/person/night. The double room
without third bed costs 60 EUR/night). Phone: +34 (95) 421-6095 Fax: +34
(95) 421-9616

2d) Santa Cruz: unchecked, but try: Phone: +34 (95) 4561278 Fax: +34
(95) 456-3806

3) Alternative (unchecked and possibly cheaper) reservation desk for
apartments.

While the availability of apartments with this office could not be
verified, I was told on Friday to call on Monday to ask for vacancies.
Say that Daniel from Germany who called on Friday afternoon asking for
lodging for five to ten people sent you and that he does not need the
apartments any more, but that you do instead.

Her name is Carmen, her phone number is: +34 (95) 454-1952

4) Lucky strike: http://www.centrosevilla.com/

Some of us were able to rent a whole house with two apartments for nine
people (already all taken by: vidar, karltk, pippin, docpi, telsa,
jamesh, DV, murrayc and sxpert) resulting in a price of about 174
EUR/person/week.

The reservations girl, her name is Concha is trying to get Kimusan^
another place for his gang of ten and knows that the GUAD3C (I prefer
GUADEC³) horde is coming and is still in dire need of accomodation. She
is trying to find more vacancies for us and is an all-round nice girl to
talk with. She also wants your credit card number, but don't they all?
;-)

Call Concha: +34 (95) 450-0206 (phone) or +34 (67) 066-1356 (cellular)

5) Interesting, but expensive: "Hostal Lis II: We offer internet
access!" Hey, 123 EUR/quadruple/night, so no go. But I liked their
advertising on their site) (via sol.com website)

6) Or here: "Londres" quadruple for 84 EUR/night. (via sol.com website)

So dig for those interesting offers still flying about.

Cheers, Daniel