GUADEC Meeting Minutes (March 9, 2001)

             Minutes for the GUADEC Meeting For March 9, 2001

Present:
--------
  Kenneth Christiansen
  Bart Decrem
  Martin Wahlén
  Rebecca Walter
  Dan Mueth
  Chema Celorio
  Havoc Pennington

Absent:
-------
  Mathieu Lacage
  Claus Sorensen

Regrets:
--------

Decisions:
----------
  * $3,000 budget for food

Work Done:
----------
(did not review previous actions)

Work in Progress/To Be Done:
----------------------------
  ACTION: Rebecca to find out the cost per hour of keeping the center open
          in the evenings.
  ACTION: Kenneth and Kim to create a proposal for food
  ACTION: Nat to contact IBM and HP
  ACTION: Chema to contact VA Linux
  ACTION: Rebecca to make proposal for staffing
  ACTION: Kenneth and Rebecca to look into Advisory Council meeting plans
          (a room and 3 meals)
  ACTION: Chema to encourage Ximian participants to register

Previous Actions
----------------
  ACTION: Rebecca to verify all speakers can attend.
  ACTION: Rebecca to update budget sheet with cost of supporting
          attendees which Mathieu produced.
  ACTION: Martin to make sure conference center is paid on Monday or
          else that we will get a 1 day extension
  ACTION: Mathieu to wire old GUADEC funds today
  ACTION: Eazel to wire its money today
  ACTION: Martin to email out the account status describing which
          funds have arrived.
  ACTION: Martin to provide report for t-shirt, poster, and program
          status with costs for budget
  ACTION: Martin to send sponsorship proposal to Red Hat
  ACTION: Bart to contact Mandrake for sponsorship
  ACTION: Dan to ask people on GF Board to contact other potential sponsors
  ACTION: Dan to email Miguel: We need $7000 and about 6 computers for 4 days
  ACTION: Kenneth to contact Kim to fix dead links on poster page
  ACTION: Kenneth to call a computer rental place for pricing
  ACTION: Martin to obtain confirmation, talk titles, and brief summaries
          from each keynote speaker
  ACTION: Martin to contact Matthias Ettrich to see what other KDE folks
          should come.
  ACTION: Rebecca to try to get confirmation from all speakers and
          send us an update.
  ACTION: Rebecca to be host for VIP keynotes
  ACTION: Kenneth will email DKUUG list requesting volunteers to staff GUADEC
  ACTION: Kenneth to invite Kim to attend these meetings
  ACTION: Rebecca to get welcome letter from Miguel and Havoc
  ACTION: Rebecca to identify if we need more art for t-shirts or anything
          else

Agenda Items Left For Next Meeting:
-----------------------------------
Discuss keeping center open in evening
Review food plan
Review plan for Advisory Committee Meeting.
Review Computer status
Review sponsorship status
Review budget

Coordinators
------------
  Overall			Kenneth <kenneth gnu org>
  Conference center		Rebecca <rjp mail tele dk>
  Finances			Rebecca <rjp mail tele dk>
  Merchandise			Keld <keld dkuug dk>
  Sponsors			Martin <mva df lth se> and Claus <cs klid dk>
  A/V				Kim <kim gnome dk>
  Program			Rebecca <rjp mail tele dk>
  Attendance			Mathieu	<mathieu gnu org>
  Food/Restaurants/Bars		Kim Schulz <kim schulz dk> and
				Kenneth <kenneth gnu org>
  Keynotes			Martin <mva df lth se>
  Advisory Board Meeting	Havoc <hp redhat com>
  Banking                       Rebecca <rjp mail tele dk> and
				Kenneth <kenneth gnu org>

Agenda:
-------
Food:
  * Don't want to spend too much money on food
  * Will provide food for breakfast and lunch
  * In evening most people will go downtown
  * If people really want to stay, they can order out pizza or something
  * We have to pay for a guard to keep the center open in the evening

Sponsorship:
  * Still need one or two more sponsors to meet our budget
  * Nat will contact HP and IBM
  * Chema will contact VA Linux

Program:
  * Did a slight amount of adjusting to meet a couple speakers

Staff:
  * Rebecca will come up with a plan for what we need

Advisory Council Meeting:
  * Claus was working on it
  * Need a meeting room for the day (about 25 people)
  * Don't know where it will be yet
  * Kenneth and Rebecca will look into details for next meeting

Insurance:
  * Comes with the conference center

Welcome Letters:
  * Rebecca is handling it