Re: [Gtranslator-devel] gtranslator plural forms/PO file parsing

On Thu, 2004-07-29 at 14:08 +0100, Ross Golder wrote:
> IMHO, it would be more appropriate to spend the time librarising
> gettext, and making exposing all the file reading/writing code (and the
> 'message.h' structure etc) from there.

Yay! It compiles and works against gettext, but still has a few known
problems. The adventurous may wish to download a small patch to gettext-
0.14.1 that gets it to install a few extra header files (therefore
exposing it's parsing/writing code).

http://www.golder.org/~rossg/tmp/gettext-0.14.1.exposed.patch

Then, check out the 'gettext-hack' branch of gtranslator CVS. All just
proof-of-concept stuff atm, but you can basically open a PO file in the
GUI. Gettext still needs some tidying up wrt error handling etc before
it'll be stable and usable, and I'll have to get the patch in upstream
somehow.

Still, at least it's progress.

--
Ross