Re: [Gtranslator-devel] Re: RPM spec from Dag?

On Sun, 2003-06-15 at 23:59, Dag Wieers wrote:
> On 15 Jun 2003, Fatih Demir wrote: ...
> > Np :-) All the changes sound oke for me and the old dependencies which
> > are commented out are never needed, gconf2-dev is needed for example but
> > nothing of the list there. I'd add gconf2-dev or whats named it in the
> > RPM world of things :-)
>
> Ok. You need GConf2-devel. It's a pitty that gtranslator doesn't build on
> RH8 though. I remove the other ones.
>
> In the future, the aim is that I build packages on a real basic
> build-environment and that the dependencies should suffice to get it
> build. If it's not, I have to add those. This will make those
> Build Requirements being better maintained and strict.

Sounds fine :-) Are you also registered on sourceforge.net and willing
to upload your RPM files to the gtranslator project on sourceforge.net
on http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=666 (no, no
real contact to any satanism organisations here at gtranslator ;-))?

Would provide also a RPM download location on sourceforge.net...

> > And a small question - Does the RPM nummeration start from the package
> > release 0? Confuses me a bit here...
>
> I always started from 0, but a lot of people start from 1. It doesn't
> really matters, it only means that my packages are sooner upgraded by
> someone else's, so it's not in my advantage ;)

Hehe, I left it to be at 0 in CVS and committed with the GConf2-devel
package mentioned as a build dependency.