[Gtranslator-devel] UMTF 1.0 specification! News! Super stuff! Genious! Well, somehow...

... this is a quite good enhancement of the given UMTF format with now some exuberantly genious features ;-) Heh, it's a good enhancement and gtranslator HEAD will also use UMTF 1.0 from now on and this will lead to the fact that no already existing learn buffer will be used automatically for the future stuff of gtranslator :-/

I've attached the new specs of UMTF 1.0 as a tarball in here - if you wish to also see it in gtranslator's CVS module then I will also put it up on CVS...

A small excerpt from the ChangeLog:

2003-01-19  Fatih Demir <kabalak gtranslator org>

* \*: Brand new views for UMTF and the README file is growing in size:
/me hopes this all will get useful for gtranslator in the
                 nearby time.

* README.UMTF & *.xml: New version 1.0 of the specification and some
updates on the information front regarding KBabel et al. Also
did describe the new stuff for this release in the spec and
  the example file.

New in this version 1.0 of the specification are:

* The new version number 1.0 :-)

* You can now define "href" URL attributes for two tags via
which the user could get more information (there are
the "language" and the "resource" tags).

* The "translator" tag can now also get an attribute "tid" (=
Translator ID) via which you can ref the translators
who are globally listed once in the buffer and then
  ref'd by the "tid" attribute on the translator->value
   tag.

* And the most important piece of news: we have got now a new
"buffer" tag which must be present from now on and
  encapsulates all the message/translation value pairs
   in it; it has got also a mandatory attribute
    "entries" which simply defines how many messages
      entries are present in the buffer.