[Gtranslator-devel] Current progress & a view for the near future...

Humble, welcome to the new year *hicks* :-)

Though the very, very stupid problems with my DSL provider currently (ah, a very long story but for the last 2-4 days being I wished me my old 56k modem back! Anyway...) I did commit some changed files, a part copyright notice updates heh but 5-6 files were also now ported to GNOME 2.0 and some more "XXX" notices in the source showing failed-to-port points of gtranslator are done now and all the cosmetics and small things I wanted to do are now done.

I will now possibly approach the 3 big outstanding probs for the gtranslator front now:
  1. Change the internal handling of the po files, messages and all the stuff to UTF-8 completely (should take a day I guess as it's much code and I didn't clearly unweave the code structure yet to touch for now hmm...).
  2. Making the text widgets work again, this will be done together with #1 and will change to GtkTextView/Buffer stuff and make use of Pango and UTF-8 display, editing etc. capabilities.
  3. Portage of the learn buffer into the pure UTF-8 world including enhancements and smaller changes to the level of translation memory integration (per language dbs which could be toggled for autocompletion), format should be pure UTF-8 etc... for this purpose I will have to dump the old learn buffers into the trash and all the users have to do the same :-( But this way we've got the chance of getting a pure and working translation memory in the UMTF format.
Besides this there are many smaller bits flying 'round currently, but these points are sure to be attacked on in the next week or so, maybe you could also look into the code and give me tips how to do this or that.

The GUI has been slightly changed now, the menu reorganisations are completely done now and the messages table have been stripped down to only 3 columns now (Status [per default sorting category], Message & Translation). Could you all have a look at the menus and provide feedback for the new structure?! It should be better then the old one I guess...