[Gtranslator-devel] Expanding gettext-po.h

Hi GNU gettext people,

I'm interested in expanding the public API for GNU gettext to include
the ability for applications to re-use gettext's PO file parsing code,
and record structures.

I'm a maintainer of gtranslator, a GNOME front-end for translators to
edit PO files. I'd like to rewrite the parser code and message structure
use to use gettext's 'official' structures and code, as it will
hopefully make the application smaller, more reliable and easier to
maintain. I'd also eventually like to port this application to my iPAQ,
where preventing code duplication between applications is far more
important in order to conserve memory. I can also see it being useful
for other applications that manipulate PO files.

I'm not expecting to change or break any API-compatibility, simply add
the necessary structures and functions so that they're available via the
gettext-po.h header and libgettext-po.so library files.

Does anyone have any issues with this? Should I just submit patches
against the most recent tarball, or should I work from CVS somewhere?
Who should I send patches to?

Regards,

--
Ross