Re: [Gtranslator-devel] New tarball?

On Sun, 2002-10-06 at 15:23, Fatih Demir wrote:
> Looks like hieroglyphics for me ;-) Which version of gcc is this? I
> never saw such messages by cc on my system therefore I ask.
>
>     > What was the problem with building the 0.43 tarball?!
>

>     cc1: changing search order for system directory "/usr/local/include"
>     cc1:   as it has already been specified as a non-system directory
>     cc1: changing search order for system directory "/usr/include"
>     cc1:   as it has already been specified as a non-system directory
>     make[4]: *** [docbook.lo] Error 1
>     make[4]: Leaving directory
>     `/home/tino/tgz/gtranslator-0.43/src/backends/docbook'
>     make[3]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1

OK, I found this page through google:
http://www.eng.buffalo.edu/UBiquity/Whats_New/unix/gcc.html

Quoting:
(about issues one may encounter while using gcc3.2)
#  Another peculiarity you may find is that putting the command line
flag "-I/util/gnu/include" will generate warnings like this:

cc1: warning: changing search order for system directory
/util/gnu/include
cc1: warning: as it has already been specified as a non-system directory

This is unavoidable, and the GCC maintainers have been pretty darned
pedantic about it. The only solution is to not include the directory on
the command line.

So it looks like well have to make changes to the configure script to be
able to support gcc 3.2

I will try to see if there is more information on the net about this.

--Tino Meinen