Re: [Gtranslator-devel] New tarball?

On 08 Oct 2002 00:16:46 +0200
Tino Meinen <a t meinen chello nl> wrote:

> On Sun, 2002-10-06 at 15:23, Fatih Demir wrote:
> > Looks like hieroglyphics for me ;-) Which version of gcc is this?
> > I never saw such messages by cc on my system therefore I ask.
> >
> >     > What was the problem with building the 0.43 tarball?!
> >

> >     cc1: changing search order for system directory
> >     "/usr/local/include" cc1:   as it has already been specified
> >     as a non-system directory cc1: changing search order for
> >     system directory "/usr/include" cc1:   as it has already been
> >     specified as a non-system directory make[4]: *** [docbook.lo]
> >     Error 1 make[4]: Leaving directory
> >     `/home/tino/tgz/gtranslator-0.43/src/backends/docbook'
> >     make[3]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
> >
> OK, I found this page through google:
> http://www.eng.buffalo.edu/UBiquity/Whats_New/unix/gcc.html
>
> Quoting:
> --(about issues one may encounter while using gcc3.2)
> #  Another peculiarity you may find is that putting the command line
> flag "-I/util/gnu/include" will generate warnings like this:
>
> cc1: warning: changing search order for system directory
> /util/gnu/include
> cc1: warning: as it has already been specified as a non-system
> directory
>
> This is unavoidable, and the GCC maintainers have been pretty darned
> pedantic about it. The only solution is to not include the directory
> on the command line.
> ----
>
> So it looks like well have to make changes to the configure script
> to be able to support gcc 3.2
>
> I will try to see if there is more information on the net about
> this.

 Anything done on this front ? I get same on RH8.
 Also is there any latest release (0.90 onwards) (not the cvs tarball
)?

Regards,
Karunakar

--
Hating people is like burning down your house to get rid of a rat -
Anon

* Indian Linux project, www.indlinux.org          *
* Indic-Computing project, indic-computing.sf.net *