[Gtranslator-devel] header problems in po-files

Hi,

I am recently engaged in translation of po-files for a couple of projects.
A problem I have is this: a header of po file, as I presently  understand it,
stores info about translator, project, copyright, etc, as a comment (lines marked #).
It is followed by empty msgid string and a msgstr string with standartized info, like this:

# Russian translation for Gramps;
# òÕÓÓËÉÊ ÐÅÒÅ×ÏÄ GRAMPS.
# Copyright (C) 2002 Free Software Foundation, Inc.
# Alex Roitman <shura alex neuro umn edu>, 2002.
#
#, fuzzy
msgid ""
msgstr ""
"Project-Id-Version: Gramps 0.7.3-snap20020406\n"
"POT-Creation-Date: Wed Apr 10 10:02:15 2002\n"
"PO-Revision-Date: 2002-04-10 12:31-0500\n"
"Last-Translator: Alex Roitman <shura alex neuro umn edu>\n"
"Language-Team: Russian <ru li org>\n"

Note the
   #, fuzzy
line before msgid "". I have to mannually add it after each save, because otherwise all empty strings
in the source code (msgid "") are getting translated into the bunch of irrelevant (for the user) strings
with translator's info. Empty strings are routinely found in the source code. Maybe they should not
be marked as translatable ones, but I guess the developers might want to keep them this way for their
reasons, who knows.

It seems that gtranslator (1) consistently removes this FUZZY mark from header on Save,
and (2) formats po into gmo using -f flag, thereby including this crap-for-the user
into the output.

Does it make sense to, maybe, (1) do not overwrite fuzzy lines in comments,
(2) allow to control presense/absense of "-f" formatting flag from preferences,
and also (3) control where the output ends up? Presently, it seems to write
the output.gmo into $HOME, but I might have different ideas as to where I want
to place the result.

I'd be happy to learn that there's another solution for (1) and (2).
Although, it would be nice to have (3) anyway :-)

Regards,
Alex

--
Alexander Roitman
Dept. of Neuroscience, Lions Research Building