Re: custom TreeModel

On 5/23/06, Tamer Mowafy <kalimakhus yahoo com> wrote:
I reused your tarball after adjusting configure.in so
configure can work with my version of gtkmm. It
compiled well and worked well. I then removed virtual
inheritance. This time it gave me the same runtime
warnings you mentioned. However my own version worked
fine. I discovered that as I fixed the compile-time
warnings of order of instantiation of base classes,
this has also fixed the runtime behavior.
The bottom line is just modify your class declaration
so Glib::Object comes first!.

AHA! of course.  Thank you very much for finding that.

By the way you don't get compiler warnings because you
don't have -Wall in your AM_CXXFLAGS in Makefile.am.

Ughhh.  stupid me.  This could have saved me a lot of grief if I had
just enabled warnings.  Thanks a lot for your help with this, Tamer.

Jonner