Re: custom treemodel?

On 5/17/06, Murray Cumming <murrayc murrayc com> wrote:
[snip]
> Actually, I wonder if it is possible that gtkmm provide custom model
> implementation. Developer should just provide data container class
> derived from some Gtk::virtual-base class and reimplement methods to
> get/set data from/to your container by given Gtk::TreeModelPath or
> Gtk::TreeIter, and column index/reference, and methods to sort data if
> needed. Just there is too much code you should rewrite for your custom
> model now.

This would be cool. It would be best to attempt it outside of gtkmm first.

I agree that this would be really cool.  Since I'm about to start
figuring out how to implement my own custom TreeModel, I'll try to
keep this in mind.  Maybe I can come up with something generic that we
can incorporate into gtkmm eventually.

Jonner