Re: custom treemodel?
- From: "Murray Cumming" <murrayc murrayc com>
- To: paul linuxaudiosystems com
- Cc: "Andrew E. Makeev" <andrew solvo ru>, Murray Cumming <murrayc murrayc com>, gtkmm list <gtkmm-list gnome org>
- Subject: Re: custom treemodel?
- Date: Wed, 17 May 2006 14:06:18 +0200 (CEST)
> On Wed, 2006-05-17 at 09:49 +0200, Murray Cumming wrote:
>> > Actually, I wonder if it is possible that gtkmm provide custom model
>> > implementation. Developer should just provide data container class
>> > derived from some Gtk::virtual-base class and reimplement methods to
>> > get/set data from/to your container by given Gtk::TreeModelPath or
>> > Gtk::TreeIter, and column index/reference, and methods to sort data if
>> > needed. Just there is too much code you should rewrite for your custom
>> > model now.
>> This would be cool. It would be best to attempt it outside of gtkmm
> even cooler if it actually derived from some STL abstract type,
What kind of type do you mean exactly? Standard C++ containers are not
meant to be used as base classes. They do conform to standard
types/requirements, but I think those are just concepts rather than actual
> so that
> those of us (and i am sure there are many) who typically have our Model
> stored as std::SomeSTLContainerType<SomeApplicationType*> can easily use
murrayc murrayc com
] [Thread Prev