Re: TextView scrolling/cursor problems

Andreas Ntaflos wrote:

On Wednesday 10 May 2006 01:57, Paul Davis wrote:
Try:

// Insert text and save iterator (although not used anymore?)
iter = textviewBuffer->insert(textviewBuffer->end(), "Text portion
with many lines");

// Get current mark at insert position
cur_mark = textviewBuffer->get_insert();

// Scroll to mark
textview->scroll_to(cur_mark, 0.0);

Paul, thank you very much for your reply and suggestion! Works great and is certainly the cleaner solution.

I still have the problem that when clicking anywhere in the TextView cur_mark gets set to that position and scroll_to() always scrolls there, even when I use the scrollbar to scoll down all the way. Now I get it that get_insert() always returns the position of the cursor but how to set the cursor to the end of the TextBuffer (short of clicking right after the last character in the View)? I can't seem to find a method that does this in the class reference pages.

Thanks again for your reply!

Tried:

iter = textviewBuffer->insert(textviewBuffer->end(), "" );
cur_mark = textviewBuffer->get_insert();
textview->scroll_to(cur_mark, 0.0);

?

Paul

Andreas