need help for beginners

hi:

I have some small program that uses gtkmm compiled in Win32 Dev c++. Its already running in win32 and I'm trying to compile this into my linux box. If I compile my program that uses purely gtkmm (that is without some third party library) it works fine. I'm using what was intructed in the manuel that I should use the parameter pkg-config gtkmm-2.0 --libs --cflags, upon compilation.  How about including some of those third party library, what parameter should i use.  On the manual it hinted that I use the autoconf, which I dont know how to use.. Can anybody help me on compiling my program?

Thanks