Re: Pixbufs in ComboBox columns

On Fri, 2006-03-17 at 17:07 +0100, Murray Cumming wrote:
> On Fri, 2006-03-17 at 08:55 -0700, Rick L Vinyard Jr wrote:
> > Thanks, a static member was precisely the problem. The code from the
> > TreeView example was a wrong turn, and the whole issue was the static
> > member.
>
> Do we make this mistake in the examples? If so, could you submit a
> patch, with comments in the code?

No mistake in the examples (actually, there isn't an example with
pixbufs). I was just trying to over-optimize a bit too much.

If anyone wants an example, the PapyrusGtk::LineJoinComboBox and
PapyrusGtk::LineCapComboBox are pretty simple and straightforward. They
are general purpose comboboxes with choices for Cairomm's LineJoin and
LineCap enums shown here:

http://libpapyrus.sourceforge.net/reference/html/screenshot_linejoincombobox_collapsed.png
http://libpapyrus.sourceforge.net/reference/html/screenshot_linejoincombobox_expanded.png
http://libpapyrus.sourceforge.net/reference/html/screenshot_linecapcombobox_collapsed.png
http://libpapyrus.sourceforge.net/reference/html/screenshot_linecapcombobox_expanded.png

Since they have a model that stays the same across all instances, I
thought I'd make the pixbufs, the model, and the column record static...
and ran into the early initialization problem.

Thanks again Murray.