Re: checking for bug before filing report

On Thu, 2006-03-09 at 17:08 -0500, Paul Davis wrote:
> do you
> happen to know any way to do the equivalent of:
>
> 	entry.select (0, -1);
> 	entry.grab_focus ();
>
> for an CellRendererText? i am adding a new item to a treeview and i'd
> like to set up the focus + selection for instant editing ... everything
> seems to point to requiring a custom renderer, but for some reason i
> don't believe it.

I believe that you want Gtk::TreeView::set_cursor():
http://gtkmm.org/docs/gtkmm-2.4/docs/reference/html/classGtk_1_1TreeView.html#eace1596d745a904c79b6d1b437da778
(or the overload if you have more than one cell renderer in the column.)

And possibly:
http://gtkmm.org/docs/gtkmm-2.4/docs/reference/html/classGtk_1_1TreeView.html#9f7c82b4307dfcf1602c89a32c42bb5e

I tend to use both, though I don't see how a cell could be edited
without it being visible in the ScrolledWindow.

www.openismus.com