Re: painting the DrawingArea

Paul Davis wrote:
On Tue, 2006-03-07 at 17:57 +0000, eduardo fiss beloni wrote:

hello people

I must draw white points in a black foreground, but
I'm drawing white points in the right places and black
points elsewere.

can I paint black the Gtk::DrawingArea derived object
to make it keeps black "forever" that I don't need to
paint it black anymore??? That is: set the
Gtk::DrawingArea derived color to black.

put simply, you can't.

Every time the expose event gets called on your Gtk::DrawingArea you'll need to repaint it.

Are you sure it's you're drawing code that's slowing you down? I'm finishing up a project where I have used a LOT of Gtk::DrawingArea widgets and I haven't run into any performance issues with it on my pc which is

AMD T-bird 1.2Ghz
768 DDR 2100