Re: Deriving from Gtk::Dialog, setting parent, and Glade

On Wednesday 01 March 2006 12:29, Huston, Bob wrote:
> The dialog class has a "reparent" method that I use to move dialogs
> from one
> parent to another.

Surely dialog classes do not have a "parent" in the Gtk::Widget::reparent()
sense?  Dialogs are top level widgets (derived from Gtk::Window), and are not
kept in a container to which Gtk::Widget::reparent() could apply.

I am not clear what the original poster meant by his dialog having a parent
anyway.  He may have meant that he wanted it to exhibit modal properties.

Chris