Re: TreeView

	I wonder why CList was not re-implemented for Gtkmm2 as a wrapper for
TreeView. Or maybe there is another component doing this which I don't
know about.
Having worked with CList extensively back in my windows programming days, I will offer my not so humble opinion on this subject. The reason CList was not implemented in Gtk (and consequently wrapped in gtkmm) is that it is wholly inadequate for anything except a simple display, and even at that, it is difficult to use if one wishes to use any of the data it displays. I found myself creating my own kludged "tree model" to go along with the CList almost every time anyway.

Bob Caryl
begin:vcard
fn:Robert Caryl
n:Caryl;Robert
org:Fiscal Systems, Inc.
adr:;;102 Commerce Circle;Madison;AL;35758;USA
email;internet:bob fis-cal com
title:Senior Software Design Engineer
tel;work:356-772-8920 X108
x-mozilla-html:TRUE