Re: (win32) missing files, incorrect options and more

Hi Dick,

Dick Eimers wrote:
> It has been a while since my last post on this subject, but I've picked
> it up again since there was a new release of gtkmm 2.8 for Mingw32 and
> MSVC.Net 2005.
>
> Unfortunately, the problems I've reported to this list where not fixed
> in this release, so the cairo.lib and glademm-2.4.lib are still missing
> and thus the use of pkg-config is problematic.

cairo.lib should be part of the GTK+ Development Environment available
from gladewin32 but is apparently missing in the GTK+-2.8.8 release. The
maintainer of this installer has been notified. In the meantime, you can
simply use the libcairo.dll.a import library. Make a copy and rename it
to cairo.lib.

For glademm-2.4.lib, the import library is in fact libglademm-2.4.lib
for release projects and libglademm-2.4d.lib for debug. I don't think
there is any naming convention with respect to import libraries. For
libsigc++, the import library is called sigc-2.0.lib. For libglademm, I
chose libglademm-2.4.lib to avoid any confusion with the glademm code
generator. Anyway, it seems to conflict with the '--msvc-syntax' option
of pkg-config (which I never use and never tested with gtkmm). I will
try to fix that in the next release. In the meantime, you can simply
rename libglademm-2.4.lib to glademm-2.4.lib (and libglademm-2.4d.lib to
glademm-2.4d.lib, but keep the DLLs as is)

> BUT I am very happy to announce that my application works fine if i use
> the *debug versions included*, IF I use the non-debug versions I get a:
>
> (megfhost.exe:2132): libglade-CRITICAL **: glade_xml_construct:
> assertion `fname != NULL' failed

For debug versions, use the debug libraries (the one with a "d" in their
names). Unfortunately, pkg-config --libs always returns the release ones...

Cedric