liststore and thead issue

Hi,

I'm quite new to gtkmm, and I can't sort out a problem I never
encountered while making PyGtk apps.

I'm writing a gtk frontend for a network library that has its own threads.
I initialize the library, register a callback during initialization,
and then start my main loop.

The library eventually triggers the callback, and the callback adds an
entry into a liststore.

But, it seems that sometimes, the treeview crashes when trying to
update its content while the callback is updating the newly appended
row.

My code is something like :

Gtk::TreeModel::iterator i = liststore.append();
Gtk::TreeModel::Row row = (*i);
row[mycolumn] = myvalue;

Thanks for your help.

--