Re: Work with classesin C++

Carlos> Hi.  I have a problem with classes in C++ I'm reading a
Carlos> tutorial (http://www.cplusplus.com/doc/tutorial/) but I can
Carlos> find the error

Carlos> First, sorry it's hard to a Spanish VB programmer to explain a
Carlos> C++ problem in English

Carlos> Hi have a MainWindow class

Carlos> class MainWindow : public Gtk::Window { public:
Carlos> MainWindow(BaseObjectType* cobj,
                   ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
WTF is this? And why you need it? (I think you need just
MainWindow(Glib::RefPtr<Gnome::Glade::Xml>& pGlade);
if I understanrd you correctly).

Carlos> Glib::RefPtr<Gnome::Glade::Xml>& pGlade);

Carlos> pGlade is loaded in mpGlade and I use it to work....

Carlos> Now I want create a OptionsPane class that contain all the
Carlos> code of one GTK::NoteBook panel

Carlos> I', trying with this.....  class OptionsPane { public:
Carlos> OptionsPane(Glib::RefPtr<Gnome::Glade::Xml>& pGlade);

Carlos> ....  //GTK::NoteBook with all panels
mpGlade-> get_widget("MainNoteBook", mpMainNoteBook);
Carlos>     //Init Options panel OptionsPane* mpOptionsPane(mpGlade);

Carlos, here you need to construct an object of type OptionsPane from
Glib::RefPtr<Gnome::Glade::Xml>, so you need to write:

OptionsPane* mpOptionsPane = new OptionsPane(mpGlade);

and then delete it when it not needed anymore:

delete mpOptionsPane;

Carlos> But compiler fails cannot convert
Carlos> `Glib::RefPtr<Gnome::Glade::Xml>' to `OptionsPane*' in
Carlos> initialization.

Carlos> Maybe my approach to this problem is wrong (I'm a beginner) ¿I
Carlos> need a Gnome::Glade::Xml is this class (to use mpGlade)?

--
WBR,
Max Vasin.