Re: Multiple vindows in GUI

On Sat, 25 Feb 2006 12:54:32 +0100
"Carlos Garces" <carlos garces gmail com> wrote:
> I'm migrating the GUI that you can see there:
> http://img129.imageshack.us/my.php?image=screenshot19mt.jpg
> http://img129.imageshack.us/my.php?image=screenshot25uv.jpg
>
> In a glade environment...
> ¿What is the correct way to change the window when I click in the
> image?
>
> I VB6 will used one frame for each option and hide/unhidden it,
> changing X,Y position on the fly. The MainForm will be oversized to
> contain all frame and resized when application start.
> ¿it's OK for GLADE?
> ¿Any suggestion?

I don't think that particular method will work as well in Glade,
partially due to GTK having an entirely different window layout/control
mechanism than VB (and a superior one, in my estimation).

I'd probably use a GtkNotebook for the different windows. If you want
to use images, I believe you can tell the GtkNotebook not to display
its tabs and then switch notebook pages programatically when the user
clicks on the images (I could be wrong here). You can also put images in
the tabs of a GtkNotebook, and make the GtkNotebook tabs be on the left
side of the notebook.

You can then use a GtkLayout or something similar to allow the
scrolling around of the widget area like your screenshots depict.

- Michael

--
mouse, n: a device for pointing at the xterm in which you want to type.
                -- Fortune