Re: Disable mnemonics in UIManager

Paul Davis wrote:

It's possible to disable the automatic mnemonic conversion in the
UIManager/Action? Otherwise it's not possible to put text with an
undersocre into the menu. I searched in the gtkmm and gtk documentation
but don't found anything related to the mnemonic conversion in
UIManager/Action.
I've had the same problem with dynamically-generated menu names and
TreeView column titles. I think that "_" can be escaped as "__" but I
haven't tried it yet. It really should be documented, for instance here:
http://developer.gnome.org/doc/API/2.4/gtk/GtkAction.html
Ah, didn't thought about quoting the underscore. Just tried out and quoting works fine. A note in the docu about it would be helpful for others in the future I'm sure.

this is almost the most unhelpful-yet-helpful email thread i have ever
read. two people using terms like "escaping" and "quoting" back and
forth with no clear explanation of what they mean at all.

Yeah,

I know what you mean Paul, *both* of my brain cells assigned to intuition just burned clean out. :-)

Bob
begin:vcard
fn:Robert Caryl
n:Caryl;Robert
org:Fiscal Systems, Inc.
adr:;;102 Commerce Circle;Madison;AL;35758;USA
email;internet:bob fis-cal com
title:Senior Software Design Engineer
tel;work:356-772-8920 X108
x-mozilla-html:TRUE