Re: gmmproc

On Thu, 2006-02-02 at 15:19 -0200, Luiz Irber wrote:
> I would like to know more about how gmmproc. I was trying to write a C
> ++ wrapper over a gtk+ widget in the unicap video capturing library
> ( www.sf.net/projects/unicap ) and, while reading the gtkmm source
> code for examples, I've found gmmproc.
> But I could not run it properly. When I run it the following message
> apears:
>
> Output.pm: unicapgtk_device_property_get
> _type : method defs lookup failed (1)
> Output.pm: unicapgtk_device_property_new : method defs lookup failed
> (1)
> Output.pm: unicapgtk_device_property_new_by_handle : method defs
> lookup failed (1)
> Output.pm: unicapgtk_device_property_set : method defs lookup failed
> (1)
> Output.pm: unicapgtk_device_property_get_label : method defs lookup
> failed (1)
> Output.pm: unicapgtk_device_property_set_label : method defs lookup
> failed (1)
> Output.pm: unicapgtk_device_property_redraw : method defs lookup
> failed (1)
> Output.pm: unicapgtk_device_property_update : method defs lookup
> failed (1)
> Output.pm: unicapgtk_device_property_redraw_sensitivity : method defs
> lookup failed (1)
> Output.pm: unicapgtk_device_property_update_sensitivity : method defs
> lookup failed (1)
> /tmp/gtkmmproc_9901.g1:102: m4: Cannot undivert : No such file or
> directory
> cp: imposs�l fazer stat em `./teste//../src/device_property.h.tmp':
> Arquivo ou diret� n�encontrado
> cp: imposs�l fazer stat em
> `./teste//private/../src/device_property_p.h.tmp': Arquivo ou
> diret� n�encontrado
> cp: imposs�l fazer stat em `./teste//../src/device_property.cc.tmp':
> Arquivo ou diret� n�encontrado
>
> looks like I should make some definitions in some file, but I can't
> figure out where.

Yes, gmmproc must know about the C function so that it can convert C++
parameters to the appropriate C parameters and back.

Look at one of the existing projects. You need to create the .defs
files. There is a little about this at the end of this file:
http://cvs.gnome.org/viewcvs/glibmm/docs/internal/using_gmmproc.txt?view=markup

It will be easier if you copy the build files of an existing project.

www.openismus.com